Clearview Flight sim

Does anyone know anything about the Clearview Flight Simulator? At $30.00 it might be a good basic sim or it might be junk. Any experience out there?

Reply to
Randy Maheux

Since you can download it and demo it without having to pay, why don't you decide for yourself?

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Maybe he just wanted to converse with someone else in the hobby.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Geez, there's a unique take on the purpose of this news group!

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Clearvier was my first sim and is very very good for the price I now have PhoenixRC and I stll use clearview every now and then

Reply to
mike

I should have added to my original post that, never having flown an RC airplane, I don't feel competent to tell a good simulator from a weak one - thus my request for more knowledgeable opinions!

Reply to
Randy Maheux

Randy,

I purchased Real Flight 3.0, Aerofly Professional Deluxe, Reflex XTR... They were all very nice. I stayed with Reflex because I am a Heli guy. I checked out Clearview and was very impressed. It has great graphics and physics in my opinion. For $30, the program is registered for a lifetime. It is awesome and worth every penney.

Only problem is, the registration is associated with the installation (ie.,

1 PC)... I have Reflex installed on my desktop and my laptop but the "dongle" authorizes the program. With Clearview the registration on the PC authorizes the program. So if you wanted to put it on a laptop from your desktop, you have to unregister and reregister... That's my only gripe.

Also, Clearview needs a radio cable and an RC radio.

Check out the demo for sure. I was sold. I definitely think it's worth supporting this product, especially when compared to the $200+ programs.

Go for it, Gary

Reply to
G-Dawg

Hello Everyone,

I have FMS. That is the only simulator I am familiar with. I would like to get something better.

The best I can tell from your comments, Clearview compares favorably to FMS. Am I correct about this ?

Any input Gratefully Welcome.

Thank You So Much,

Wayne

might be a good

Reply to
Wayne

to get something

FMS. Am I correct about

Practically everything compares favorably to FMS :) Or simply put: Any sim is better (more realistic) than FMS in my opinion.

Jenni

Reply to
Jennifer Smith

to get something

FMS. Am I correct

better (more

Jenni,

You must have the definitive answer. No one else seems to be willing to argue with you. :-)

I do not have ~$200 to shell out right now. I think can I do the $30.

Thank You Very Kindly for your opinion. Only knowing FMS, yours is better than mine. :-)

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne

If your going to stay under $100, you can't beat the price and suppor

you get from Stefan.......... He just released an update, users loade it, flew it, commented on the forum and within hours he fixed the issue and released another update.

Download the demo and check out a 'ClearView Thread HERE

Hope this helps....

-- simage

this thread:

simages

I just got your message simages. I have not investigated your suggestions yet, but I will do just that shortly.

Thank You So Much,

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne