Computer control of servos, maybe slightly off topic.

Hey Smart Guys:
Does anyone know of a method for controlling model aircraft servos from a RS232 port on a PC? Is there a control module of some kind on the market? Looking to independently control 4 servos.
Rube Goldberg II
Yes, it has been done, origonal article in Circut Ink and I believe that the author advertizes in the magazine currently.
Used a PIC as I recall.
Check the Circut Ink web site.
Hugh
Hey Smart Guys:
Does anyone know of a method for controlling model aircraft servos from a RS232 port on a PC? Is there a control module of some kind on the market? Looking to independently control 4 servos.
Rube Goldberg II

I think it's "Circuit Cellar INK." Probably a descendant of the old Circuit Cellar articles in Byte, at a guess.
<http://www.circuitcellar.com/
"The Computer Applications Journal (Circuit Cellar INK) . O. Box 3050 Southeastern, PA 19398-9932 +1-203-872-2204 (FAX)
"This magazine is what Steve Ciarcia wanted BYTE to be when it grew up. It focuses on microcontroller applications and other digital projects. $21.95 per year (12 issues, now) (Canada, Mexico: add $10 surface mail, $20 air mail; other countries: add $28.)" <http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_Mail_Order5.html#MAILORDER_012
OK, here's the whole story of the name from SC himself: <http://www.circuitcellar.com/library/priorityinterrupt/106.asp
                Marty
Check out this link: http://www.digitalnemesis.com/ash/projects/picservo/default.htm
Also do a google search for "PIC Servo".
John
Martin X. Moleski, SJ wrote:

RC Electronics (UK) "PC Buddy" http://www.rc-electronics.co.uk/pcbuddy.htm
Thanks
This was exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for.
Rube
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hey Smart Guys:</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Does anyone know of a&nbsp;method&nbsp;&nbsp;for controlling model aircraft servos from a RS232 port on a PC?&nbsp; Is there a control module of some kind on the market?&nbsp; Looking to independently control 4 servos.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Rube Goldberg II</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

Please remove this HTML rubbish. www.parallax.com sells those units.
Achim