engine test stand plans

Anyone out there know where I can find this? I'm looking for something that can be used for any size engine and mounted outdoors. Thanks.

Anyone out there know where I can find this? I'm looking for something that can be used for any size engine and mounted outdoors. Thanks. =============================================Here is a commercial site with what looks like a well designed aluminum unit. It is also expensive; especially if you also buy the mounting post to set in the ground. http://www.pspmfg.com/EngineTestStand.html
This one is aluminum and less than $20 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXA378&P=7 Another aluminum one, $35 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXR587&P=7
My brother uses a standard nylon engine mount screwed to a 2x6 board. The board is clamped to a stack of concrete blocks. A fuel tank, sitting on foam, gets strapped to the top of the blocks. The board can be moved up/down to align the carb with the tank. A hole gets drilled for a throttle pushrod, or the rod is bent to work. This is a pretty cheap, and easy, way to do it. When the 2x6 gets too many holes, or is oil soaked, it goes in the trash and a new one takes its place.
Anyone out there know where I can find this? I'm looking for something that can be used for any size engine and mounted outdoors. Thanks. =============================================Here is a commercial site with what looks like a well designed aluminum unit. It is also expensive; especially if you also buy the mounting post to set in the ground. http://www.pspmfg.com/EngineTestStand.html
This one is aluminum and less than $20 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXA378&P=7 Another aluminum one, $35 http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXR587&P=7
My brother uses a standard nylon engine mount screwed to a 2x6 board. The board is clamped to a stack of concrete blocks. A fuel tank, sitting on foam, gets strapped to the top of the blocks. The board can be moved up/down to align the carb with the tank. A hole gets drilled for a throttle pushrod, or the rod is bent to work. This is a pretty cheap, and easy, way to do it. When the 2x6 gets too many holes, or is oil soaked, it goes in the trash and a new one takes its place. ================================================Just saw this one from Carl Goldberg http://www.carlgoldbergproducts.com/stand.htm It is similar to the ones at Tower Hobbies but is made of hard maple rather than aluminum.
I use the 2x6 method myself. If you coat the board with polyurethane first you won't have to worry about the board getting oil soakes. I made mine into an L shape and clamp the bottom of the L to a wooden bench with some quick-grip clamps.
--
Normen Strobel
snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.nospam.net

If you want a test stand, which gives you information about the performance of you engine download http://www.acrofun.ch/Dokumentation.pdf .
The document is written in German, but well illustrated.
Peter Nyffeler mailto: snipped-for-privacy@phys.chem.ethz.ch Tel P 01 363 62 42, Tel G 01 632 43 60, Fax G 01 632 10 21
Oh my God that is awesome. Just the sheer amount of documentation is amazing.
--
Normen Strobel
snipped-for-privacy@zoominternet.nospam.net
It certainly is a fine piece of work. Long winters - short flying season. :-)
Red S.

It seems he could have spent a little time documenting it. One could consider a mere 111 pages vastly inadequate (grin)

German Engineering... Go Figure! :-) Mark

season.

No Mark, that's Swiss Engineering. The engine test stand is a diploma work from a technical college.
Peter Nyffeler mailto: snipped-for-privacy@phys.chem.ethz.ch Tel P 01 363 62 42, Tel G 01 632 43 60, Fax G 01 632 10 21
ahhhhh, thanx! Mark