field torn up

It would have been "corrected" before they were capable of such actions, like at about 2 years old if such tendencies were noted by parents that were involved in raising them! Before they had any thoughts about "self esteem", "diversity", hidden identities or any of the other liberal garbage they are raised on today.

No reply is necessary - lets stick to the intent of this forum.

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield

Charlie Wolf

Reply to
jim breeyear

I know of a business that had this problem, they thought they could solve it by seeding the yard with trinkets.

Well, one morning they arrived to find it torn up so bad that it boggled the mind. Turns out the guilty party had to fix 4 tires and got real pissed off.

We've never managed to solve it on our field. But once the owner had a talk with the culprit it stopped being as bad. I tracked him down via tire tracks and the owner got tough with him, helped for a while.

Reply to
Matthew P. Cummings

So you approve of modelers suggesting what amounts to acts of vandalism and vengeance in response to others irresponsible behavior?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I agree it's an atrocity to tear up our fields like that, but what are you to do when you can't catch them to spank their asses?

Answer, catch their cars... Then them when they show up for them, then you can spank them good.

Softy, I'd like to see them lose the car, license, and go to jail for destruction of property. A beating would go a long ways towards making me feel better, then they would have to fix the damage, then off to the poky.

Reply to
Matthew P. Cummings

You mean like your attack on MJC in another thread? Intent like that?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I do! Post the appropriate warnings and do what you like. As long as you don't do anything to threaten their lives, go for it!

BTW, what would YOU do if they decided to invade YOUR flying site every month in the middle of the night?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Considering the property in question, I suspect they would simply enter through the gate. Cutting the lock or some such. In which case, the cameras would have it all on tape. And if not, it's amazing what sizeable and regular donations to the policeman's fund will do for the investigative process. Care to come and give it a try Paul?

But the bottom line is, I would catch them! Eventually! Without stooping to their level of immaturity and cowardice. Then I would own them!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

You would be able to get them for simple trespass at most unless you have corrupt cops and judges capable of being "bought". You wouldn't "own" them. We had a Sheriff in charge of flight operations for the department as a member and he couldn't do any more than that.

investigative

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Things are different in horse country! I would suspect a horses ass like yourself would know that!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Gotta love it!!! Awesome. CO, I guess there is a solution where no one gets hurt. ;)

Nick

Bill wrote:

Reply to
Nicholas Dinh

Stooping to their level would invovle sneaking over to thier houses at night and putting sugar in their gas tank. No one suggested that (yet...) Laying spike strips or other traps is passive - it only works when THEY initiate the crime. In many areas, its still legal to shoot at trespassers. Spike strips by comparison would be a kindness. And certainly the 'land mine' comment was a joke. I imagine they would take out far more aircraft than 4x4's.

And finally, catching them is wayyy easier said than done. Whaddya gonna do? walk out there at midnight, hold up your hand and say "Stop, in the name of the law!"...pleez. Videotape? Nope. Try getting a license plate - even if they HAD one - off a 4x4 covered in mud, bouncing around, AT NIGHT. While your at it, zoom in on the VIN number on the dashboard....

Reply to
MikeF

strips by comparison

a 4x4 covered in

I never said it would be easy to catch them. Though depending on the situation it could prove to be just that. However, it would be far better than to play the childish games being proposed here and endangering others simply for a sense of revenge! Because that is all this discussion is really about, childish revenge!

Grow up you guys!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

The digging of deep pits and such really are a bad idea all around. remember the guy who sued and WON because while he was robbing somebodys house, he tripped and fell on their poorly lit stairs. Flattening tires is one thing, but something that would certainly injure or kill is quite another.

No, this is clearly about keeping your field - that you work rather hard on - neat and usable. Revenge would simply be icing on the cake....

Reply to
MikeF