Field torn up update

That reminds me of a local kid who took dad`s full size Bronco or Blazer across the frozen river here bought 10 years ago. He along with a few friends made it about 1/3 of the way across before it fell through, (luckily only up to the doors.) Made the news and Dad lost his truck. What you want to bet he will never drive across ice again:) rick markel

Reply to
Aileron37

I sympathize with the clubs that are having the problem. Clubs work hard at establishing and maintaining a flying site. I am suggesting alternatives to stop the problem should a "what if" occurs......But hey its your club, do what you want.......so do not bitch if a "what if" happens. Then the cows will come home to graze in the feild whicn was once an R/C club.

Reply to
Mike R.

Was he trying for the Darwin Award?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

And when you deal with it Paul you say a lot about yourself. Assuming you use the spikes or something similar you show a complete lack of respect for the law and the judicial process. So why should it respect you? You also show a complete lack of respect for your fellow humans. And not just for the vandals but for anyone who might happen by for whatever legit reason. So why should they respect you? You have demonstrated that you are no better than those you would condemn! So where does your behavior place you in the right?

I do not allow such attitudes at my field. Nor would I remain in a club that tolerated such attitudes.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Not if that were my kid and you had done something to contribute! Like a board full of spikes! I'd be tempted to use that board and those spikes on your head.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

His dad should have passed on some better genes! Or maybe he did pass on the best he had and he didn't know better either. Sooner or later nature has a way of sorting out the chaff!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

There is a big difference between what one constructs on their private property and what one constructs on a property line for mail delivery. I live in a rural area and went through a few years of having my mail box destroyed on a regular basis. Got REAL tired of it after a while. The Sob's went so far as to wrap a chain around posts and drag them out of the ground. I was going to put in a well casing filled full of concrete with a welded

1/4" steel plate box. Before I undertook this project, I checked with an attorney in my office. He told me that where the mail box was located really wasn't on my land, but a street right of way and this applies in all cases of curb side mail delivery. He also lined my liability if someone hit this thing, so I didn't build it. One night, the kids came back with their bats beating up all of the boxes on our road. I chased them down, scared the hell out of them and got a license number. Didn't think anything would be done but the county prosecuted them, they had to pay for at least my box. One kid's father made him apologize to me. They really dropped the hammer on these boys for a first offense. If they would do that for every first offender, there would be very few second time offenders. The real argument here is between the bleeding heart liberals who are so worried about the rights of the criminals, and the people who are worried about the rights of the victims. It's all about accepting responsibility for your actions. and realizing that when you do something stupid or criminal, you might receive some frontier justice. Yea, the punishment might not fit the crime, so don't do the if**king crime! Bill

Reply to
Bill

Gee, isn't that exactly the same action you so vehemently condemn???

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

In Europe, you just claim compensation from the government. You don't need to sue anyone.

Motorcyclists going so fast that they can't see the road ahead can claim compensation if they hit a pothole and crash. In the US, they get told to watch the road and slow down!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Bill,

You hit the nail on the head!! Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Now, now. Let's not get SENSIBLE here!!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Sometimes, the world has a way of evening the odds a little. hehe

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Come out and live in the real world.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Well, since you live in a perfect world where the police ALWAYS come out to make a vandalism report on fields and ALWAYS catch the perps, and teh DA ALWAYS spends the time and money to prosecute, and juries ALWAYS convict, why don't you tell us how it is done?

You are real good at shooting down others ideas but you have no original thoughts of your own.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Reply to
Phil

And how many of those would work at night without a flash?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

EEWWWW... Are they flashing security cams too???

Reply to
Fubar

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

No, they are streaking them...

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Give it time Paul! We'll get as screwed up as Europe in due course!

Reply to
C.O.Jones