Glider Tow Lines

I have built a new plane for glider towing and need to come up with a towline. Some of the sites say that the Germans sell the best towlines but so far I have not been able to find a source on the net. There are lots of guides to building your own lines but they are all over the map as to construction materials and design. The last one I used was made of braided mylon, 125' with loops on both ends and a badmitton bird on the end, had way too much elasticity to it. Anyone with lots if realtime experience towing gliders want to jump in here?

Phil AMA609

Reply to
pcoopy

Hello,

I didn't find better than braided nylon. Here is always some elasticity, but we have to cope with it.

Mine is made of 100pounds line bought at the surf shop. If you want to have a better visibility of the towing line, you can use 1 inche wide fluo strap for the last 20 or 30 feet of the towing line. The badminton bird is a must to add drag to the tow line.

If someone else has a better idea??

MLB

Reply to
MLB