GP Super Skybolt CG?

I purchased a fully assembled GP Super Skybolt and I need to know where the CG is located. From what I can gather, the CG is 2.75" back from rib #7 on the top wing. Problem that I have is I don't have the drawings to know where the location of rib #7.

I would assume it to be in the center of the wing, but I need to confirm that with someone who has the drawings. Can anyone help out?

I look forward to your reply.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Go to this site - look in the calculator sections for CG calculators. Once you find out for yourself how to calculate the CG of a wing, you will never have to ask again! Once I found out how to figure out where the MAC is the rest is easy! I also stopped crashing planes because I didn't know where the CG was supposed to be. I would invariably set it up wrong and be nose heavy because I figured better safe than sorry. Once I knew how to figure out where it should be, no worries. I can even check to be certain the plans have it set correctly! It is based on the wing planform not the aircraft! Good luck! FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

Hi Richard,

That's a wonderful plane that flies superbly. CG is right at the leading edge of the bottom wing at the fuse.

Randy

Reply to
Randall Roman

Richard

I looked at my plans of the GP Super Skybolt, and T7 is the rip on the top wing right where the I-strut attaches. The I-strut being the device that holds the bottom and top wings together on each side of the plane.

Derek

Reply to
dprog