Neumotors

http://www.neumotors.com/20061222/Welcome.html
Can anyone tell me how reliable these motors are?
What is the Time Before Overhaul people are getting from these motors?
They seem to be very powerful and compact, I am curious to hear from owners how they live.
Scott,
You could also ask around on www.rcgroups.com. It has a Neu motors subforum and Steve Neu is a regular contributor in several other subfora.
Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron van Sommeren near Nijmegen, the Netherlands 14th. int. electric fly-in, Aug.26, http://home.hetnet.nl/~ronvans

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 106 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!
Scott wrote:

Steve Neu is probably the best US based electric motor designer and builder.
Brushless motors do not suffer from any wear or degradation apart from the main ball races. Those are usually trivial to replace after a thousand hours or more--depending on the dustiness of your flying field.
The main 'wear' you will experience is LIPO batteries. These will lats between 50 and 500 cycles only..depending on how hard they are pushed, and represent the main ongoing costs of flying electric.
Don't forget not to overcook motors (by for example over propping them or running them at high currents). Neodymium magnets don't like high temperatures (can't remember the max operating temperature) and the windings can also fail at very high temps (above about 150degC).
regards Peter

Maximum magnet operating temperature depends on magnet strength. Codenumbers and temperatures: <http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?pq57040#post7157040