Old Fox engine parts?

Do any of you have a stash of Fox engine parts they don't intend to use? I need pistons, rings, wrist pins, and rods for two Fox 45s, but Fox Manufacturing no longer lists them, and will not produce them again. It appears that the engines Duke Fox designed are all being phased out in favor of the big gas engines. Sigh...

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

Have you called them? They have lots of parts not listed on the web site.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Yep. Got some of what I want, but not all. I'm now the proud owner of one of the two last .50 pistons they had!

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

If you need .45 parts, why did you by .50 pistons?

Reply to
Sport Pilot

They HAD the .50 pistons, so it was only the .45 parts I needed! However, I talked to a different lady at Fox today, and they do have .45 pistons separate from the rods. The .50 stuff was an assembly. I guess you just need to know what to ask for. Nevertheless, when this stuff is gone, it's gone - no more will be made, so she told me.

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

If you need .45 parts, why did you by .50 pistons? They HAD the .50 pistons, so it was only the .45 parts I needed! However, I talked to a different lady at Fox today, and they do have .45 pistons separate from the rods. The .50 stuff was an assembly. I guess you just need to know what to ask for. Nevertheless, when this stuff is gone, it's gone - no more will be made, so she told me.

Reply to
Bob Bauer