OT: internet buyers beware

Interesting, if I put PayPal or EBay in the subject line it doesn't get posted

I ordered a product advertised in EBay as new, and paid through PayPal. When it came, not only was it used, it was bootlegged.

After going through the process of opening a dispute, PayPal found for the seller and refused me a return/refund?

In the future it's good- bye PayPal, hello AMEX.

Reply to
Jay Songbird

"Jay Songbird" wrote in news:l1evf3$35i$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Perhaps a filter on your usenet server? Since eternal-september.org is free, a quick perusal of their FAQ indicates heavy filtering on certain issues. Perhaps those words are triggered on to stop spam.

What would be more useful to the group would be to tell us what you bought on Ebay and from whom. Perhaps a link to the ebay auction page?

Did you open a dispute with Ebay? Is it possible you were ruled against because you did not dispute properly? I've not had an issue with either, but based on personal experience in other disputes, it is VERY important to do things the 'proper way', or you are ruled against summarily.

Good luck with AMEX. Many merchants do not accept them because they are business unfriendly. Their service fees are nearly twice that of other companies, and have also been known to take over six months to pay the merchant. I know these from personal experience at companies I have worked for who dropped AMEX for these reasons.

Brian

Reply to
Skywise