ParkZone Slo-V v. Megatech Merlin

I am new to the hobby and was thinking about purchasing one of these to begin my RC'ing. Could someone (preferably someone with experience with these models) give me some advice on which one I should start with? I was also considering the HobbyZone Firebird Commander and I am open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
nnjpoker

Selecting the Megatech Merlin would be about the worst choice you could make . . wings flap like a bird . . a very unstable flyer! Look at the Multiplex EasyStar. Review:

aeropal

I've never flown the Merlin before, but I've owned (notice the PAST tense) Megatech Gladiators (nitro monster trucks) and three Megatech Nitro engines (two M16's and one Q1.6) and all of em' were the biggest pieces of garbage I've ever owned. They literally ate themselves alive and were the parts store best friend. I can't see how their planes would be much better.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

The Merlin makes a good ornithopter.

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Ive only been into flying now for about 6 months,i can recomend the easy star,but my real favourite is the Robbe cardinal,its large,not quite as nervous as the easy star,and can handle wind much better,its very stabel.and as long as its correctly trimmed it virtualy corrects itself when you take your thumbs or fingers off the control.both planes are great,but the cardinal is that much better in wind.just a beginners opinion. Keith schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
keith