Perfect Engine Cleaner

For years I have used Perfect Engine Cleaner to clean my glow engines. I got it at the Toledo show. I don't get to the Toledo show any more and can't find it anywhere. Can someone help and tell me where it is sold? It works great when used in a sonic cleaner.

Reply to
JAMES R STRICKLIN

Go to Wal-Mart, or its equivalent, and go to the pots and pan cleaner section. Pick up a spray bottle of Dawn Power Dissolver spray cleaner for pots and pans. You will not believe how well this works on model engines without damaging them.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Several of our guys have used this as well, and it works.. Much easier than anti-freeze in a crock pot/

az21 .

Pick up a spray bottle of Dawn Power Dissolver spray cleaner

Reply to
az21

Ed, you are right about the Dawn Power Dissolver. I used it on the last engine I cleaned and it worked very well. I had used the Perfect Engine Cleaner for many years and think I still preferred it. I just found out today the Company that made the Perfect Engine Cleaner went out of business, so it is unavailable.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
JAMES R STRICKLIN

I just found out that Perfect Engine Cleaner is no longer available because the company that made it went out of business. The Dawn Power Dissolver is a good substitute.

Reply to
JAMES R STRICKLIN

Good tip, Ed. I have been using some stuff ("Demon Kleen" or something similar sounding) from a restaurant supply outlet. It is intended for cleaning grills, cooktops, pans, etc., and the gunk on our model engines is of course mostly overcooked vegetable oil.... I like your idea better. As a consumer product is likely safer to use, and I don't have to trek to the big city to get it.

Abel

Reply to
Abel Pranger

Hey, I'm new here. but if I would recommend a brand, I'll say get the Dawn Power Dissolver. I think it's new to the market and it's great..

Try this site if this will help.

tim29

I've been using this Dawn Power Dissolver product and it's great, really great that you should try it too.

pinky23

Golly! what a coincidence. So do those 2 other fellows. Anyone other than spammers try this stuff? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Well, I've been using it when soaking in green antifreeze wasn't practical. DPD is available in the pots and pans section of any decent food store.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I've tried several brands but nothing worked better than 'Dawn'

, I've used it to remove old paints and practically everystain that's hard to remove.

Reply to
schoobydoo

Brake fluid. Careful with paint and lacquer.

Vriendelijke groeten ;-) Ron near Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Reply to
Ron van Sommeren

Dawn Power Desolver is definitely the best ....external.... engine cleaner I've ever tried. But for frozen engines and really baked on oil, the antifreeze in a crock pot is the only solution !

Reply to
rszanti

A friend of mine says he uses xylene fo rdegreasing. I think he's kidding me because it's so bad for contamination.

Reply to
Jeff Lin Ton

I got our Dawn Power Dissolver from the site I got from mom.

Andrea12

I might settle for 'Dawn'

as many here have mentioned it's good effects. For months I've been trying to search for the right product for my cleaning needs.

Reply to
rcdudette

I wonder how many sales you've gotten from this technique? mk

Reply to
MJKolodziej

Has anyone found a store that sells this in Calfornia? I haven't found it at Walmart, Target, or any of the grocercies. Havent tried Smart and Final or restaurant supply stores yet..... Earle

Reply to
esl721

I found it at WalMart here in Ohio but it was difficult - I knew they had carried it before but they moved it out of area with the cleaning liquids. I had to find a department manager before I could find it's location on the shelves (bottom shelf amongst the broom and mops).

Reply to
rszanti

I have found it at Lowes in Northern Calif.

Reply to
Tom Minger