Raidentech

Are the ARF's, especially the trainers, by Raidentech a good value or are they just cheap junk?

Tom

Reply to
tcpekin

On 23 May 2007 14:52:27 -0700, tcpekin wrote in :

I think I heard a review from someone who said that he was satisfied with the price and performance.

I don't remember which model.

I was left with the feeling that it might be worth trying one if I needed something along those lines. Low price, low expectations.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

I've purchased both a Start Evolution glow trainer and a Falcon 40 electric helicopter from Raidentech. The trainer was of OK quality considering I paid $38 plus shipping for it. I never bothered to fly it though, it's still sitting out in my garage waiting for me to do something with it.

The Falcon 40 helicopter I purchased for $85, and it's a fantastic flying aircraft for the price I paid.

Raidentech is a good company to work with from a purchasing standpoint. They process orders quickly, they communicate well with buyers, and they ship fast and at a reasonable price. Like any reseller, though, some of the products are better than others. Generally speaking, any CMPro ARF should be high quality with good hardware included. Rich Models or Nitro Models ARFs sold by Raidentech may come with substandard hardware components and/or very vague instructions. They could require some extra effort and replacement hardware to get sorted out, but if you see them through you should end up with a nice flying airplane.

If you want an ARF that goes together easily without needing extra hardware or re-engineering, look to Phoenix Models, World Models, or Seagull Models instead for high quality low priced airframes. With the World Models Sky Raider Mach I available for $69.99, there isn't much reason to search out something cheaper, it's an outstanding model with quality hardware and instructions.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

I have the Start Evolution trainer. I paid less than $40 for it! It's heavy as hell (probably not made of balsa) but flies great. (no dihedral) with the Magnum .52 four-stroke I have in the nose. I converted the wing to bolt-on.

Not recommended for the inexperienced due to minimal assembly instructions, the possible need to correct a thing or two during construction, and the more advanced flying characteristics compared to a typical lightweight trainer with a flat-bottom wing and dihedral.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott