RCM Plans Service still operating or has everything shut down.

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:28:42 -0700, byrocat wrote:

As of the middle of September they were. I bought 16 sets of plans just before the end of the "4 for 3" deal. They made a mistake with one of the plans, and replaced it. This would take us to the middle or latter part of September, and there was no hint of anything being wrong with the plan service at that time.
HTH, PRose

of plans just before the end of the "4 for 3" deal. They made a mistake with one of the plans, and replaced it. This would take us to the middle or latter part of September, and there was no hint of anything being wrong with the plan service at that time.
Thanks! I did ask when I started the thread that there would be no sidebar conversations, but no, "Mr. Akimoto" had to insert his Size-12's into it. (What's Japanese for "troll"?)
I'm now oficially in the "old far*" category, and have quite a collection of plans (RCM and others) and will definitley be firing off an order in the next while.
I think that "pride of craftmanship" is a big issue with most of us OF's. If my building skills were a bit better, I'd brobably not even be buying kits, just rescuing garbage-can-specials.
Bruce RCN base-brat, and proud of it!
Oni is devil. Bacamono (sp) is monster. Baka is idiot or moron. Take your pick!
--
Dan
AMA605992

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:31:21 -0700, byrocat wrote:

Yeah, I was looking forward to getting more information about the current health of RCM Plans (actually, I'm also still hoping the magazine was sold to a company that will continue it in its old spirit) and it was kind of distressing to see the thread given over to everybody dog-piling on Mr. Akimoto.

Let us know how it goes. I didn't think the plans service had closed, but it would be nice to get a conformation of that.

I'm getting back in after a 25-year absence and haven't got the slightest bit of interest in bARFs. It seems as though there are only a handful of kits left available, so it looks like the RCM plan service will be my only source of models to build pretty soon (I'm interested in the 40-60 sized sport and sport scale stuff).

PRose

I'm afraid the "old spirit" after the Don and Dick were out of the picture was what finally killed the magazine. I expect the Plans will continue to be available one way or another, there are too many $$ to be made to just dump them.

ARFs give you a way to stay in the air while you are building a real model, scratch, plans or kit. The good news is that there seem to be a number of people cutting kits from the plan of your choice. RCM plans service would be missed but the AMA collection, now including the John Ponds plans, along with Bill Northrups plans and a number of others, MAN and Flying Models should give us quite a bit to pick from.
--
Red Scholefield AMA 951 District V

There are LOADS of kits available! Just because Tower doesn't carry them doesn't mean they have disappeared. Look to the smaller ads in the model magazines for some very well though-out kits. Sig still has a bunch of kits as does places like Balsa USA and others.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com

Actually, Tower Hobbies carries a couple of hundred different kits, including some Tower Hobbies brand kits. You can find kits from Great Planes (naturally), SIG, Lanier, Midwest Products Co., Top Flight, Carl Goldberg, and House of Balsa all at Tower Hobbies.
Love Tower or hate Tower, they aren't the Anti-Christ of the R/C airplane hobby. Even kit builders might find something to their liking at http://www.towerhobbies.com
What I meant by that is even if you can't find something you like at Tower, that doesn't mean there aren't other sources a little off the beaten path.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com

I ordered plans of Der Jager October 6 and got them October 17.
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:18:47 -0500, Howard Sullivan

Thanks for sharing the good news.
I oughta get some plans orders in for future reference.
                    Marty
I ordered 4 plans from RCM on October 5 and received them on the 24th -- all were the newer blackline prints, not the older blueline. RCM has been running a 4 for 3 promotion -- order at least 4 plans the get the least expensive plan for free. Although the promotion was to have expired in August, I ordered by phone and asked if it were still being honored -- at the time, it was, but you must ask for it. So, I ordered 4 and paid for 3.
I also ordered 4 for 3 in October with delivery to Canada about 16 day
later in early November ...now building "Stubby" from a Sig Seniorit kit ...
.they sure have built up a valuable library of plans over 40 years..
Bil
-- retiredVT
----------------------------------------------------------------------- retiredVTT's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u 2 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tB883
http://www.rcmmagazine.com/e/env/0001wWUK1OuDOsIhiU8z0O6/index.html?link=/index.html
The explanation is here...the magazine IS FOR SALE...the plans and boo department is running AS NORMAL .....
Bil
-- retiredVT ----------------------------------------------------------------------- retiredVTT's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u 2 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tB883
retiredVTT wrote in

I just recieved some plans today. 4 for the price of 3. All blue line prints.
--
Michael Burton
AMA5791
replying to byrocat , "D" wrote:

I wouldn't order SHIT from this company. anymore...RCM....What a scam. I ordered plans 6-14-2014 and still no product, no refund, no credit to account. No communication. Can't get in to their websites......Think I got royaly F****ed. I will be filing a class-action law suit against them.