RCM Plans Service still operating or has everything shut down.

Yea, he kinda pegs the BS meter a few times!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I personally doubt he ever was in the navy. Or if he was, it was as Cabin Boy!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

I don't have just modelers for friends, Mr. Akimoto. I try to treat everyone with respect, whether they deserve it or not. It's a personal thing with me.

If someone is at the field flying ARFs or RTFs, I treat them just the same as someone that builds all of their own models from scratch. After all, we are all people, regardless of our income, education, racial/ethnic background, etc.

What some folks don't care for, me included, is unnecessary berating of others or their efforts. Also, someone that comes off like a know-it-all blowhard is not pleasant to be around or associate with. It isn't your selection of models that draws so much fire for you, it is your snotty attitude. There is no reason for it. It isn't justified, regardless of what you may (or may not) have done in the past.

One day, you too will be an "old guy", assuming that someone doesn't choke you to death first (probably another young guy). You will then see how silly all of this time that you have spent, attempting to get the "old guys" goat, truly has been. Of course, there will be other young, smart-assed, replacements of yourself by then, and you will have the opportunity of laughing at their childish efforts.

I realize that my explanation is pointless, because you are intentionally trolling in an attempt to draw fire. But at least I feel that I have done my part by offering you an explanation. Trying to educate young guys is one of the old guys' jobs, so no time lost here.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Ed:

I spent thirty years in the Navy and an additional ten years as a test pilot for a contractor. Unfortunately, I too am also headed for old geezer status, but I'm younger at heart than anyone on this forum including you.

Also it is very nice of you to tolerate the ARF or RTF guys at your field. I bet everyone loves your condescending attitude. Let's face it just because you're an old geezer you expect younger people to respect you for your age, wisdom, knowledge, or whatever quality you think you have. It won't happen. The younger guy doesn't give a damn about anything other than himself.

Well you're wrong. When I was a military pilot, every younger fellow coming aboard was aiming to replace me or get ahead of me. I know that none or very few of you were in the military and if so, were enlisted. Being a Naval Aviator was a very tough profession and every performance review was an opportunity to get booted out of the service. Sometimes I have regrets about having spent 30 years in the Navy, and I often wonder how I found the energy and courage to endure the struggle!

Finally regarding attitudes, you and the rest of the people on this forum have plenty of it too. You had better look within yourselves, because all of you could use a vast amount of personal improvement. Also, I know why I get your goat(s). Most of you have such poor self images that just about any one with a differing point of view would be threatening.

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

Re..RCM plan service ...

Plans ordered 10/14/05.. .automatic reply email received stating order had been received.. .time will tell,

Bill

-- retiredVT

----------------------------------------------------------------------- retiredVTT's Profile:

this thread:

retiredVTT

And that's a problem to you why, exactly?

Reply to
St. John Smythe

You don't know jack.

1) It's irrelevant 2) there are plenty of ex-military officers on here, as if it matters 3) no military officer of my acquaintence would ever use someone's enlisted status in a deprecatory manner.

The closest you ever got to being a Naval Aviator was when you attended an air show.

Reply to
Noah Little

I still believe this turkey is a cracker with an anti-Japanese bias, using a very clever gambit to make Japanese look bad.

Bill(oc)

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Just as I do not judge all Americans on the basis of one individual, nor do I judge all Japanese. He's just trying to stir up emotions. I'm done with him, at least until he changes his ways.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Dream on, swabbie!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

before the end of the "4 for 3" deal. They made a mistake with one of the plans, and replaced it. This would take us to the middle or latter part of September, and there was no hint of anything being wrong with the plan service at that time.

Thanks! I did ask when I started the thread that there would be no sidebar conversations, but no, "Mr. Akimoto" had to insert his Size-12's into it. (What's Japanese for "troll"?)

I'm now oficially in the "old far*" category, and have quite a collection of plans (RCM and others) and will definitley be firing off an order in the next while.

I think that "pride of craftmanship" is a big issue with most of us OF's. If my building skills were a bit better, I'd brobably not even be buying kits, just rescuing garbage-can-specials.

Bruce RCN base-brat, and proud of it!

Reply to
byrocat

Let's see now! Claiming 30 as a Navy pilot followed by 10 as a contractor starts you in the early 60's. And with your attitude towards enlisted? No way would you have made it back to the ship every time! Let alone 30 years.

You're a lying sack of BS

Reply to
Chuck Jones

I think he's simply a Dip Shit!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Oni is devil. Bacamono (sp) is monster. Baka is idiot or moron. Take your pick!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Yea, not too many still flying anything other than cargo at age 50! Reminds me of the rubber dog sh*t from Top Gun!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Yeah, I was looking forward to getting more information about the current health of RCM Plans (actually, I'm also still hoping the magazine was sold to a company that will continue it in its old spirit) and it was kind of distressing to see the thread given over to everybody dog-piling on Mr. Akimoto.

Let us know how it goes. I didn't think the plans service had closed, but it would be nice to get a conformation of that.

I'm getting back in after a 25-year absence and haven't got the slightest bit of interest in bARFs. It seems as though there are only a handful of kits left available, so it looks like the RCM plan service will be my only source of models to build pretty soon (I'm interested in the 40-60 sized sport and sport scale stuff).

PRose

Reply to
PRose

My point was he started flying during Nam. And with his attitude towards enlisted, i.e. the crowd that packs his chute and maintains his plane, he would have been the proud recipient of the Navy's version of the frag!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

I'm afraid the "old spirit" after the Don and Dick were out of the picture was what finally killed the magazine. I expect the Plans will continue to be available one way or another, there are too many $$ to be made to just dump them.

ARFs give you a way to stay in the air while you are building a real model, scratch, plans or kit. The good news is that there seem to be a number of people cutting kits from the plan of your choice. RCM plans service would be missed but the AMA collection, now including the John Ponds plans, along with Bill Northrups plans and a number of others, MAN and Flying Models should give us quite a bit to pick from.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

How about Inpo Dani? or simply Dekai guzu.

Reply to
Red Scholefield

There are LOADS of kits available! Just because Tower doesn't carry them doesn't mean they have disappeared. Look to the smaller ads in the model magazines for some very well though-out kits. Sig still has a bunch of kits as does places like Balsa USA and others.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh