scanning plans

Yes, the law does protect the picture. You own the copyright from the very moment the new work exists.

You may decide not to protect your copyright, but it is yours to do with as you please.

It's kind of like that and kind of different. The copyright exists from the creation of the work; the patent does not exist until it is granted. Copyright offices merely register claims. Patent offices determine whether the claims are accurate.

Probably not--but only because there just isn't enough money in model aircraft.

But if you copy the trim scheme of a NASCAR driver on diecast models, you'd better have a whole slew of contracts in place to protect yourself from copyright and trademark infringement. There is definitely enough money involved in diecasts to make prosecution worthwhile.

They do if the author or the author's heirs do not renew the copyright. Off the top of my head, the initial copyright is good for about 75 years nowadays before it needs to be renewed.

There isn't any software that's more than 75 years old. Any software that truly has become "public domain" has done so because the owners of the copyright decided to make it so. It can't happen by accident.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Awesome links, Doug. Thanks!

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

No one else can use your picture without your permission.

Patent law does not apply as a patent in for an idea and copyright is for an actual work.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

WHAT! You read IPR stuff too? WOW! I try to stay away from that due to several weeks spent in a IPR lawyers office several years ago. Great education, the hard way, but a tremendous waste of time. We won.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:15:34 GMT, "Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ