SIG Kadet snapping

I have cart-wheeled my 2nd hand Kadet recently. The impact wasn't that hard, the aircraft just flipped once and it was in long grass as well as close to ground. Slow speed, near-empty tank.

The nose have broken clean from where it joins the fuselage, exactly where the installed beams are ending. Normally one would expect 2 beams running from the firewall right into the cockpit area. Is this failure mode typical of this aircraft?

TIA

Reply to
Pete

Sounds typical for the type of construction! When you rebuild, extend the beamd back into the tank area and make sure you taper them from full width at the firewall to zero at the inside end. This will remove most of the stress riser that occurrs at sharp edges.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

What Kadet do you mean? I have SIG Kadet Senior and have had the same failure. To repair I just glued the nose with epoxy in place without any reinforcements. Since then it works well (or maybe I fly better?)

Yuri

Reply to
Yuri Kuznetsov