Solite VS tissue covering

I am about to start building a Herr Engineering StarLite and was wondering which of solite or tissue and dope would be lighter, and if the difference would be significant. I have used solite before and that was pretty easy, tissue and dope sounds like a pain in the butt.

-- Chris W

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania

Reply to
Chris W

I'd stick with the Solite. I doubt you'd save any significant weight with the tissue and dope, and the heat-shrinkable films are sooooo much easier to apply.

-- Morris Lee snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
Morris Lee