Thunder Tiger engine part?

The screw that keeps the throttle shaft from sliding out of the carburetor fell out of my engine Saturday.

The local source for TT parts [Texas RC Modelers in Plano] does not have it in stock and they tell me it has been extremely difficult to get anything from TT [Ace] over the past few months.

Any suggestions for alternative sources?

does not sell to individuals, only hobby shops, and they are the ones Texas RC cannot get anything from anyway.

The screw is not just a normal screw. The tip, which rides in a slot in the throttle shaft, is unthreaded so I can't just get a screw that fits the hole and shorten it.

I'm grounded until I get one, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Carrell

Reply to
Carrell

Carrell...

No need to be grounded... Use a toothpick to mark the depth of the slot and cut a 2mm screw off just a bit shorter... Screw a nut onto the screw, then grind off about 1/16" of the threads on the tip of the screw. Back the nut off to dress the threads, then trial fit this screw into the slot... You may have to trim a bit, and it may not be pretty, but it will keep you flying till you can get the proper screw.

I have made these for SuperTigre engines several times...

Cheers,

Bill

Bill Fulmer

If you can figure out how long it needs to be, I have some old carbs lying around and maybe one would fit. No charge.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Paul, thanks for the reply and the offer. I sent an email with my contact info and my attempt at measuring the hole.

Carrell

============================= "Paul McIntosh" wrote in message news:bj047s$p0b$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com... If you can figure out how long it needs to be, I have some old carbs lying around and maybe one would fit. No charge.

Reply to
Carrell

E Hobbies RC Parts Depot

aeropal