Thunder Tiger FS 91 failures

Anyone out there had problems with rocker arm adjuster failure . If so what's the fix ? S .Atkinson

Reply to
S Atkinson

Geoff Sanders

I saw the rocker cup crumble where it came in contact with the rod. Got to be bad metal.../?

Reply to
jim breeyear

Sounds like the rocker arm is sintered metal and maybe not processed properly. I suspect a call to TT would get a replacment part if that is the case

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Funk

I have a T. Tiger 91 4 cycle..... Back twice for new head gaskets..... I have one of three in my club..... I now have the only one that runs ok...... The other two have had enough problems that they have given up on them....

I'd now spend the extra money and get a Saito.....

Arne

Reply to
Arne

Best four cycle I own. Good idea to torque the head bolts and all bolts before running. Apparently they have had a batch of them with rocker adjusting screws that are too hard. I am sure after a call to them they would ship a new set of rocker adjusting screws under warrenty.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

I wonder when they changed them. I have seen many of them run great for years.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I don't think they changed the design, just got some adjusting screws that were improperly tempered. Or not tempered at all.

Reply to
Sport Pilot