What a shame

mmmm, Frank I think you really should go to Iraq frontline to defend your belief, but watch your neck. You may not want to be the lucky

1000th number :)

ingness and ability to do what no one else can. Don't like us, don't

Reply to
Shin Gou

Thanks. It was not easy, and there is still more paperwork to do.

Reply to
C G

Follow up question. I'm curious if there are any places in China to buy R/C kits or ARFs at really good prices? It seems that since so many are made in China that there must be a place to buy some. My wife is probably going to be visiting Shanghai in August. I was hoping I would be able to have her buy a few planes for me while she is there.

Reply to
C G

Shin Gou bored us with:

Is that supposed to make sense? You don't seem to realize that the US has to hold lotteries every year because so many people want to come here.

WTH

Reply to
WTH

This from Muncie:

"The Chinese team has been delayed because of visa problems with the good old US of A Goverment. They are in transit from Beijing to Chicago at this moment, landing on Tue morning. Will fly in the comp tomorrow if they can get here in time and get processed before their flight slot comes up."

Comment: Entrants were advised that visas could be a lengthy process - if the Chinese waited until a month before the competition, who do you think should take responsibility?

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Leonhardi

If you wanna talk about the "politics" involved here, I would pose this question: Would criticism of China ever be seen here as an email originating in that country?

Golly gee whiz, I know a young American woman who went to work in China right after graduation from college, hoping to put together an impressive resume for a career in international marketing. Her mail was opened, both incoming and outgoing. Her phone conversations were monitored. Her emails were reviewed. She had absolutely no expectation of privacy whatever. This wasn't a century ago, more like 5 years.

You gotta admit - one thing that makes "America bashing" easy is that we allow it.

:) Dennis, who thinks that anyone who takes competition seriously gets their act together and leaves the bitching for losers...

Reply to
Dennis Leonhardi

Exactly! I worked with the Somali refugee community in Minnesota, the LUCKY ones who made it...

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Leonhardi

I noted your poor sportsmanship whine when YOUR GUYS screwed the pooch by waiting well past the recommended start time. I felt sorry for your carelessness. However I fail to understand YOUR bad attitude when folks point out the other side of the coin. Next time, try yelling at a machine gun or tank. See how far that gets you. At least those courageous folks were human.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Since we do not know the full story, any comments are purely conjecture.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Gee, try working for many major corporations in the US. CCTV, email monitoring software, etc.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I have. When I'm employed by a [fill in the blank], I believe they have every right to monitor my correspondence. What I do in my personal life, at my expense, ought to be my business. At least in terms of writing/voicing my opinions or observations. Try that in China. Or don't you get the point?

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Leonhardi

Was it the CIA that got them to buy all their equipment from France, Russia, and Germany?

And where were France, Russia, and Germany when OTHERS were attacked? Negotiating better kickbacks?

LOL; Ken

Reply to
Ken Maltby

Don't confuse china with Formosa. Especially in China. I would have said Honk Kong either, but times move on...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Quite possibly. After all, we at least knew what we had sold them. and it wasn't chemical weaponry...oh. Maybe that WAS what the US sold them, and maybe it was necessary to invade to destroy the paperwork?

Theres a nice new theory for you :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm quite familiar with the area. I suggest you not confuse Formosa (the no longer used name) with Taiwan (the universally accepted name).

Reply to
C G

The real shame is the way someone will take something simple like this and try to blow it all out of proportion just to try to make some kind of political issue.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

"Dennis Leonhardi" posted message IDon Tue, 06 Jul

2004 06:25:03 GMT

The only point Paul ever 'gets' is the one on top of his head. When he makes an absurd claim, ask him for facts or evidence supporting his position. He will then run away, with both arms over his head, screaming like a girl at a boy-band concert, and wetting himself down both legs. I suspect he may be french.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

The Natural Philosopher posted message IDon Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:22:32

+0100

Another fact-free accusation from Neville.

Reply to
Todd Klondike

The ONLY land the US asks for overseas has been and continues to be is the sacred land where our heroic dead are buried.

Cheers -- \__________Lyman Slack_________/ \______AMA6430 IMAA1564___/ \____Flying Gators R/C______/ \__Gainesville FL _________/ Visit my Web Site at:

"The Natural Philosopher"

Reply to
Lyman Slack

You mean as opposed to what France and Germany sold them? Gee! Just how many "Components" were supplied by those two so called "allies"? And how much might UK industry have been involved?

Reply to
C.O.Jones