What happend?

Why does this usenet now have no topics?

Wan

Reply to
wanjung

Why does this usenet now have no topics?

Wan

Reply to
wanjung

usenet has THOUSANDS of topics....

This group, however, is pretty active .. I pull a good 20 new headers twice a day here...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

It might be his newsgroup server. Suggest he try one of the free ones.

Reply to
High Plains Thumper

I am using a free one, and they all disappeared except for this one!

Reply to
Sport Pilot

I use the usenet available through Google (who now own the master archives).

then click on Groups. and .... You have to register with Google to be able to post (no big deal unless you're posting on one of "THOSE" totally inappropriate groups like .alt.sex.binary.model_airplanes..... GD&R)

Reply to
byrocat

I didn't check, but an earlier postof Wan's suggests he's using google groups to view this group. Probably some article retrieval issue as is known to happen from time to time with google

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

I am using a free one, and they all disappeared except for this one!

So I'm not the only one where all the other topics have disappeared. Do you folks in this thread see any other topics? I clicked onto (Older Topics) and it said this usenet have no topics and told me to be the first one to post here.

Wierd?

Wan

Reply to
wanjung

On 27 Apr 2006 17:55:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@toast.net wrote in :

I see the anomaly myself by visiting Google.

It may be that even though I've seen lots of new POSTS in the last few days, they've all been in old THREADS (what Google calls "topics," I believe).

On the right-hand side of the Google page, I see "Active Older Topics." It's true that when I click on the "Older Topics," I get the same message you did.

Must be a bug in the way Google looks at the group.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Wan,

I am viewing through Google and have no new posts either. It was working fine until a couple of days ago.

John VB

Reply to
JJVB

John, Same for me.

Seems to me there should be a way to contact the administrator of usenet as most other groups have. I don't see anythhing like that here.

I did a search in google and found lots of discussion groups but this one is the quickest for a posted question to appear.

Wan

Reply to
wanjung

There is no single administrator of Usenet -- there are thousands of us, one for each news server carrying r.m.r.a. (and all the other groups). Since you're posting via Google, that's the admin you want to contact. Good luck!

Reply to
St. John Smythe

And landing gear all the way to her earlobes .... :-) oc

Reply to
Bill Sheppard

Would you like to wiggle her rudder?

Reply to
wanjung

I'd like her to play with my joystick...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego