will this laser work?

Will it work for what?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Well, not as a Death Ray - in my experience you need to be looking at the kilowatt level before you can begin wreaking terrible revenge on your Enemies, but as the seller suggested, at modest feed rates it will cut balsa.

It looks like it's pretty old - I'm not sure how accurate the estimate of 7 watts is, but the seller seems pretty straight up.There is a bit to know about using lasers - you might want to do a little Googling and perhaps ask the seller a couple of questions.

Reply to
Poxy

Damn. Guess I will have to arm my Death Star with my old Magnetic Accelerator instead. My watch stops every time I fire it tho...

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople