Zagi-20 ESC problems

I recently purchased a standard Zagi 400 complete kit from my local hobby shop. While waiting for my new micro RX to arrive, I decided to setup the motor assembly and bench test it. I plugged the ESC into a normal-sized RX and followed the given instructions for arming the unit. After many tries (taking reversed-throttle into account), I cannot get any response out of the motor. The ESC passes power to the receiver just fine, and I can control other servos. Is there anything I should look for to see if the unit is damaged (e.g., is there some sort of light that should be on when the ESC is operating)?

Thanks for any help, Jeremy Volkman

Reply to
Jeremy Volkman

Jeremy,

You have to 'arm' the Zagi ESC by running it up to full throttle and back to zero. It should make a beep sound. If you have throttle end points set too low/high it might not arm.

Randy Ott

Reply to
Randy Ott

Well, I tried using my JR XP652 with the ESC with no luck. I even tried adjusting the throttle travel to +/- 150% in case that was the problem. I can't get any beeps or response out of the thing. Do they keep some sort of calibration memory that needs to be reset? If not, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks, Jeremy Volkman

Reply to
Jeremy Volkman

Is there voltage at the motor? If so, the motor may be defective. If not, the esc may be defective or you are doing something incorrectly.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

Make sure you have the plug from the ESC in the right slot of the receiver. It should go into the throttle slot, not the battery slot. Also make sure the throttle trim is all the way at the bottom.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

I tried the battery directly to the motor and it worked fine.

Jeremy Volkman

Reply to
Jeremy Volkman

Yep, it was in the throttle slot. I moved the trim all the way down and all the way up with the stick when attempting to arm it.

Jeremy Volkman

Reply to
Jeremy Volkman

Ok, this is the last thing I can think of, is the battery fully charged? If yes call Trick/RC and get another one.

Reply to
Normen Strobel

It is plugged into the correct channel is it?

I have had at least one ESC that never ever worked from new. Took it back.

Normally its

close thrpttle

Switch on tranny

Connect up pack.

Full throttle and wait til; ESC beeps Close throttle

Ready to go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher