call to acgsGetGsView -> hatches disappear

When I call acgsGetGsView to retrieve the active viewport, the hatches disappear and the dotted lines are continuous. I think this happens because
the current shademode is changed. The hatches and dotted lines reappear when I change the shademode to 3D and then back to 2D. Has anyone seen this problem before?
Thanx,
Peter from Holland.