custom acad style hatches

hi all,

is it possible to create more sophisticated hatches like autocad's 'concrete' hatch ? What I've seen sofar are overlays of different crosshatches combined with different linefonts. Can I create my own .xch file to make snazzy hatches ?

It is kind of important since we're using pro-e for architecture and we are bound by law (via NEN) to use certain hatches. Of course we can deviate by using a legenda, but when getting a building permit... sjeesh .... those people are *thick*, I am really, really thick. [rant stopper initiated]...[rant stop successful, resources depleted]

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

*sigh* i meant to say: I MEAN really,really thick... instead of a rant-stopper I should've invested in a un*doh!*-er

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Don't know anything about it or have time right now to dig around, but doing a Google search for [ "custom hatch" pro/engineer ] turned up a couple of hits that looked promising.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

I noticed that the acad hatch "AR-CONC" is indeed a combination of dashed linestyles and overlaying lines. So I went to work to create a crosshatch that would fille the hatch with disconnected triangles.

but

draw a circle and fill it with a dashed hatch, you'll notice all the dashed line starting from one particular edge, resulting in a nice moire-esque pattern, b/c the dashes are shifting in relation to eachother.

This means that *by definition* non-linear hatches or more symbolic ones like we use for concerte and isolation (drawing pebbles and zig-zag lines) are impossible b/c there is no global starting point for the crosshatch, it is local, skewing the pattern when the section is not linear.

wzzl

Reply to
stinky wizzleteet