custom acad style hatches

hi all,
is it possible to create more sophisticated hatches like autocad's 'concrete' hatch ? What I've seen sofar are overlays of different crosshatches combined
with different linefonts. Can I create my own .xch file to make snazzy hatches ?
It is kind of important since we're using pro-e for architecture and we are bound by law (via NEN) to use certain hatches. Of course we can deviate by using a legenda, but when getting a building permit... sjeesh .... those people are *thick*, I am really, really thick. [rant stopper initiated]...[rant stop successful, resources depleted]
wzzl
stinky wizzleteet wrote:

*sigh* i meant to say: I MEAN really,really thick... instead of a rant-stopper I should've invested in a un*doh!*-er
wzzl
: hi all, : : is it possible to create more sophisticated hatches like autocad's : 'concrete' hatch ? : What I've seen sofar are overlays of different crosshatches combined : with different linefonts. : Can I create my own .xch file to make snazzy hatches ? : Looks like it ought to be possible. There's a series of them in <loadpoint>/text/crosshatch. They are just text files so, if you can figure out how the different parameters control hatch appearance, you should be able to copy one and customize. Or maybe PTC has a bunch more on their website, maybe even some for architectural cad. Might be worth doing a search there for *.xch files.
David Janes
Don't know anything about it or have time right now to dig around, but doing a Google search for [ "custom hatch" pro/engineer ] turned up a couple of hits that looked promising.
Jeff Howard wrote:

I noticed that the acad hatch "AR-CONC" is indeed a combination of dashed linestyles and overlaying lines. So I went to work to create a crosshatch that would fille the hatch with disconnected triangles.
but
draw a circle and fill it with a dashed hatch, you'll notice all the dashed line starting from one particular edge, resulting in a nice moire-esque pattern, b/c the dashes are shifting in relation to eachother.
This means that *by definition* non-linear hatches or more symbolic ones like we use for concerte and isolation (drawing pebbles and zig-zag lines) are impossible b/c there is no global starting point for the crosshatch, it is local, skewing the pattern when the section is not linear.
wzzl