Hatches for autocad 2004

Hi! I have found some hatches made as *.pat files, I was told to put them in the user data cache support directory. But when I use hatch command I cannot find the new ones. What's the deal? Thanks Emo

Reply to
Emiliano Della Bella

I'm using 2000i and I made a hatch pattern that resembles diamond floor plate. I put the file in the Support folder. When using the Hatch command I click on the Swatch box and the Hatch Pattern Palette dialog box comes up. Under the Custom tab is the file I put in the Support folder. Highlight the pattern you want and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Relz

Reply to
Relz

Hi Relz it seems it doesnt work this way. That was exactly what I did, I think the

*.pat file is either incompatible with acad 2004 or something else is not working. Thanks Emo

"Relz" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Emiliano Della Bella

If you would like, I will send you my pattern. This may help you to determine if your problem is your pattern or not. I don't know where you got your pattern files, but I think Adobe Photoshop names some of its files as .pat, which would not be compatible with AutoCAD.

Relz

Reply to
Relz

AFAIK, there is nothing in 2004 that would prevent the use of any hatch pattern that works with earlier versions. It's a pretty universal format. One thing to check: be sure there's at least one extra blank line at the end of your .pat file. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Hmm. That would explain those times when you're designing a hatch pattern on the fly, and the code looks perfect, but the app gives you a warning about an invalid something-or-other...

Thanks for that one.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Hi! Yes please send one to emo snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com I have cheched for the extra blank line and it has it, so I really dont know what'up. Thanks for your help Emo

Reply to
Emiliano Della Bella

Is it my imagination or is there a limit to the number of characters per line while making a hatch pattern? When making my pattern I used some spacing to line up some x and y coordinates. The only way I could get the pattern to work is to cut some of the spaces out so each line contained no more than about 81 or 82 characters. Have you ever run into this?

Reply to
Relz

Thanks I amnaged to make it work Thanks everyone for helping me :-))) Cheers Emo

Reply to
Emiliano Della Bella

What was the problem?

Reply to
Relz

Hi I was putting the file in the wrong directory. Autocad 2004 doesnt have onlu autocad2004/support directory but another one al well called autocad2004/userdatacache/support. I was putting the file in the last one where there are the default *.pat files, I was wrong. The right directory to put the custom *.pat files is autocad2004/support. :-)) Thanks again Emo

Reply to
Emiliano Della Bella