PDMWorks Links

Hello Everyone,

I've searched all through the help, and on Solidworks KB. But I cannot find a way to create a file link to a a non Solidworks file. Here's what I'm trying to do.

I've created a new project, and I want to create a link to a PDF file in another project, instead of copying it to the new project.

I cannot find any command anywhere to do this. I know you can do it with Solidworks files.

Thanks, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

You can't create the Attachment to the Project, only other files. Right mouse click on any file and select Add Attachment and then you can select any non-SolidWorks file to attach as a link. I believe this was new in 2007, so if you're still on 2006 you may not have the Add Attachment.

Steve O

Reply to
SteveO

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the answer. I was trying to make it a link all by itself, not as an attachment. But after doing what you said it worked great!

Thanks, Daniel

Reply to
Daniel