Changing directories for x-refs

Gday all, Often I receive a set of drawings from an architect which are x-reffed all over the place. This is a real pain as my civils are typically tied to the
survey, which is in real world co-ods, while the architect will have several drawings at different rotations and co-ords. The base drawings I then use from the architects have a number of x-refs at varying inserts & rotations, and different paths to the files. When I try to change the saved path and reload, I'm still left with the file description on screem, and the x-refs still showing the original path in the Xref Manager. Is there a way to do this without manually getting the insert & rotation values and entering them? I'm using Autocad 2000 on WinXP Home. cheers
--
o glennyboy,
de pipes, de pipes are callin'...

I have the same problem. I end having to rescale, and re-rotate.

--
"Be suspicious of anybody who claims to know the truth."

yes, just bind the XREFS
XREF ---> BIND ----> as an INSERT
it wont ask for the rotation and scale.....it will just place it as a block as you see it.

several
rotations,
file
the