Cheap CAD desk legs?

I need a cheap method of making a desk.... big and sturdy and lots of room.
I was thinking I could buy some folding legs..... legs
like saw horses.. and get a big flat surface from Home Depot.
Thing is I don't know what these legs are called. I know that some art supply places sell such folding legs.
Any sources for these folding legs? And any idea what the name of them is?
how about a couple of cheap filing cabinets? look around for a used office furniture store.. there are lots of them
-- be cool,
Longshot

Folding legs are no easier to move than 2 drawer file cabinets. Do you mean easily storable? Get to two drawer file cabinets and 3068 interior door from the HD. Easily movable.

What is a 3068 door?
2'-6" x 6'-8"
Easily

Nope. 3'-0" x 6'-8". ___
wrote in message

Dumb question on my part.. but what is a "trestle"?

Yes.... that's what I want..... BUT.... Im looking for something a bit more "decorative" than the saw horses you buy at Home Depot. Something not so "machine shop" looking.
It seems to me that many mons ago I remember seeing such decorative saw horses in an art magazine somewhere.... but don't remember where.
Any searches on google for "saw horse" just keeps taking me to the machine shop type.
Again..... Im "hoping" you guys can refresh my memory on where I saw the decorative artsy fartsy style saw horses. Haha.

Hmmmmm.... <me rubbing chin>.... you know I hadn't thought of it but you are RIGHT!!
how about those jack stands you can buy to stabilize campers. .metal "pyramid" things with a threaded rod in the middle for leveling
-- be cool,
Longshot
On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 07:18:14 -0500, in alt.cad.autocad, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
I had dribbeled out, as an aside:

Oh, gawd, do NOT let my wife know that. I'm way too auld to begin the training all over again.
-- "Who we are and who we become depends, in part, on whom we love." -- "A General Theory Of Love" Thanks, Mom ______________________________________________________________ Glen Appleby snipped-for-privacy@armory.com <HTTP://www.armory.com/~glena/
I am wondering what makes this desk a "cad" desk? wouldn't you just call it a movable desk, or a desk with folding legs? My idea for a cad desk has always been a tall computer stand with a drafting table next to it and a chair with a swivel. I do allot of paper to cad transfer and it's a pain in the ass working with my keyboard on my drawing especially when the drawings get BIG.
just wondering...
mathew
Do it right. Go here: http://www.gocrown.com/Tables/Tables.html Use a solid core door for the top. Sturdy and portable. If you're in the Seattle area, let me know. I could build something for you. Just the way you want it.

we use for the iron workers & press breaks & shears to support sheets of steel.. granted they are all made from angle & channel.. but look like "saw horses"
Another thought ... Costco has ready-made sturdy 8' folding tables for less than you'd probably have to pay for a solid core door. ___

Very true, and less than what I would charge to make him something but he seems to have a custom job in mind.

Custom? A door sitting on sawhorses? ___

After three days this thread has outlasted almost every CAD-related thread going....
Talk about *legs*!.... ; D
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

Hahaha..... yep!

Wow
I did all that?
I haven't rejected ANY idea actually.... just listening to what everyone suggests.
I am looking for saw horses...... but my question was to find some that are somewhat "decorative" and not machine shop or industrial looking like you would find at Home Depot.
It seems that I did se some YEARS ago in some kind of art or drafting supplies magazine..... but they had a name other than "sawhorses".... but were in fact that very shape and design...... just much sleeker and better looking. Metal units.... maybe even chromed or finished surface of some kind.
Problem is I cant for the life of me remember what they were called. Ive searched Google high and low..... looked in some online mags for them.... but no dice.
I was hoping that maybe some of you all might know what these were called/named (other than sawhorse)..... or maybe what magazine they could be purchased from.
If I have offended anyone by seeming "un-intereted" in your suggestions... than I apologize..... but that is NOT the case.

No..... not a custom job really..... but I do like the idea of the legs being separate from the surface rather than buying a Costco folding table.
That way if i move a long distance I can just leave behind or ditch the surface (plywood wahtever).....and take the legs only..... fold them up and pack them and move them.