Converting Acad12 Dwg to Other formats

This is a really old version, but it's all I have. I don't have a printer hooked up to this computer and need to transfer files to another W98SE. Would appreciate hearing from the old-version gurus on how to print out a drawing using another program.

I can save to file as PRN and that's as far as I can get.

Thanks!!

Reply to
John Curtiss

John

Download edrawings. It's free. You can't convert but you can print.

http://www.edraw> This is a really old version, but it's all I have. I don't have a printer

Reply to
gene

If memory serves you can make PLT files that can be fed directly to an appropriate printer. You can also try making a PDF.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Well, I tried a couple of suggested programs and some from download.com and still no success.

Least time-consuming for me right now was just to paste together a bunch of screen captures. Not the best way but it got 'er done.

Still hope to hear other suggestions on an easier way to do it.

Thanks to all just the same.

Reply to
John Curtiss

Set up PC with same printer driver as on other machine. Print to FILE: Copy file to other machine. Send to printer with 'COPY DRAWING.PRN /B LPT1:' Please Note the /B . . .

Good Luck,

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

Reply to
Guv BoB

What's the size of the files? Do you have floppy drive or CD writer on the 'old' machine?

Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac

Files are all under 1MB. Yes on the floppies.

Reply to
John Curtiss

I'll try to make this ez -

  1. Go to 'start-settings-printers'

  1. Check which printer has a check mark next to it - this is your default printer. (Lets say its an HP laserjet for argument's sake)

  2. Right-click on the icon, and select 'Properties'

  1. Select the 'Ports' Tab, and change the checked port to FILE:

  2. Close.

  1. Print your drawing to a file - it should end up as e.g. 'DRAWING.PRN'

  2. On the other machine, ensure you have the same printer loaded as the default printer (Start-settings-printers)

  1. Copy the drawing.prn file to a stiffy :-( (preferably a CD-ROM)

  2. On other machine go to MS-DOS, change directory to the CD or stiffy, and

  1. COPY DRAWING.PRN /B LPT1: Please Note the /B . . .

If the printer on the other machine is different, load the driver on the first machine with 'Start-settings-printers-add a printer', then print to FILE:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivan

Reply to