Converting Acad12 Dwg to Other formats

This is a really old version, but it's all I have. I don't have a printer hooked up to this computer and need to transfer files to another W98SE.
Would appreciate hearing from the old-version gurus on how to print out a drawing using another program.
I can save to file as PRN and that's as far as I can get.
Thanks!!
John
Download edrawings. It's free. You can't convert but you can print.
http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/pages/products/eDrawingsViewerpage.html
Gene
John Curtiss wrote:

If memory serves you can make PLT files that can be fed directly to an appropriate printer. You can also try making a PDF.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

John Curtiss wrote:

Set up PC with same printer driver as on other machine. Print to FILE: Copy file to other machine. Send to printer with 'COPY DRAWING.PRN /B LPT1:' Please Note the /B . . .
Good Luck,
Ivan
I appreciate the help, Ivan, but you are dealing with one of those famous "dummies!" :OD I have no idea what driver I'm using and how to put it on the other machine!

printer
Guv BoB wrote:

I'll try to make this ez -
1. Go to 'start-settings-printers'
2. Check which printer has a check mark next to it - this is your default printer. (Lets say its an HP laserjet for argument's sake)
3. Right-click on the icon, and select 'Properties'
4. Select the 'Ports' Tab, and change the checked port to FILE:
5. Close.
6. Print your drawing to a file - it should end up as e.g. 'DRAWING.PRN'
7. On the other machine, ensure you have the same printer loaded as the default printer (Start-settings-printers)
8. Copy the drawing.prn file to a stiffy :-( (preferably a CD-ROM)
9. On other machine go to MS-DOS, change directory to the CD or stiffy, and
10. COPY DRAWING.PRN /B LPT1:                  Please Note the /B . . .
If the printer on the other machine is different, load the driver on the first machine with 'Start-settings-printers-add a printer', then print to FILE:
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Ivan
Belated thanks, Ivan!!!!!!

famous
on
(John Curtiss) wrote:

What's the size of the files? Do you have floppy drive or CD writer on the 'old' machine?
message

Files are all under 1MB. Yes on the floppies.