Error in AutoCAD Mechanical 2007: no part found in actual standard system settings

Dear All,
The following message appears in AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 when trying to open the standard parts database and to insert a standard part into any drawing:
"no part found in actual standard system settings! Please switch on additional standards. (menu: Assist>Options>AM: Standard Parts)".
But when going to the above AM: Standard parts options menu, the Available standard and the Selected Standard lists are both empty.
I've tried a couple of times to reinstall the standards and the whole package as well but nothing. I log in as Administrator and I've also tried to give Power User privileges in my account in order to eliminate the problem.
But still nothing, I don't have standard parts in AutoCAD Mechanical 2007.
Thanks in advance,
John.