flow study in autocad possible?

hello, i am working on a porject for a catamaran, and was wondering, when i will have finished my drawing in autocad of the boat, is it possible to simulate
within autocad the flow of the water? or do i need other programs?
thank you and excuse me for my bad english
You'll definitely need something much different from AutoCAD. ___
"Matthias Broersma" <matthias.broersmaATNOSPAMPLEASEfastwebnet.it> wrote in message

simulate
suggestions? :-)

will
Looks like you are going to need a modeler/renderer/animator, perhaps 3ds max or Accurender. If you cannot justify spending a lot of money you could download blender (www.blender3d.org) which is open source freeware. Regardless of what you choose, there will be a learning curve.
If you want to cheat, you could simulate a flowing water background by creating an animated gif and incorporate a rendered image of the boat into it. I use Corel for animated gifs, although I am sure there are countless possibilities...
LT
"Matthias Broersma" <matthias.broersmaATNOSPAMPLEASEfastwebnet.it> wrote in message

If you're reall serious about modeling, you could use FLUENT software. It ain't cheap and it takes a good bit of learning. But I believe it was used for the hull simulations for the Americas cup winners of the last five years.
"Matthias Broersma" <matthias.broersmaATNOSPAMPLEASEfastwebnet.it> wrote in message

simulate
thanks for the suggestion. the project im working on is for hobby... but i would like to optimize it. is there some program maybe less precise but more affordable?
thanks.mat

will