GEDIT3 Error & Autocad 2002 SP1 Installation error 114

Some days ago a computer in our studio (with AC 2002) starting failing with standard cad files exiting through a GEDIT3 error. Only proposal was the file recover method.

Windows and AC had been running smoothly for over a year without any error. After several attempts to resolve the question I tried disinstalling AC completely (with a registry purge also) I reinstalled OK without errr.. Notwithstanding this the program continues to fail due to GEDIT. There has been NO added HW or SW. Nothing particular in the events. The computer apart from everything else which runs OK, cannot use Cad files due the continual failing of the program.

I tried installing the SP1 so as to be able to install the Patch for Gedit. Fails also here, Error 114 as if the regular licensed and installed AC 2002 was not recognised by the Autodesk SP1.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

Reply to
navprojects

Of course ... and I considered this but I need suggestions on what to look for here regarding only Acad. Thanks

"JG" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@fdn.com...

Reply to
navprojects

Hello,

Thanks for the participation. Panda 2006 and since the update in January everything was fine until around March

As regards the files and folders I believe I had removed exch of the mentioned.folders :

  1. program files\autocad directory
  2. program files\common files\autodesk shared directory,
3.documents and settings\\application data\autodesk directory before reinstalling. I did a full remove using autocad and then controlled. I could always redo it.

Thanks

"JG" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@fdn.com...

Reply to
navprojects

Try this. Uninstall any third party CAD add on programs. Do a COMPLETE uninstall of all Autodesk software. To do this cut and paste this link into your browser to get document TS45252 from the Autodesk website.

Print all three pages of the document and follow the directions word for word. This document will have you editing the registry.

After the final reboot use Task Manager to shut down all running processes under your user name, if you are logged onto Windows XP as administrator that will be the user name in Task Manager/Processes.

Reinstall AutoCAD 2002, do not reboot, reinstall SP1, reboot, register your product, install any other patches from Autodesk.

If that does not fix the issue then there is a problem with the files or Windows or both. If the files are on a network drive on a server it is possible there is a problem with the physical drive on the server leading to the drawing files being corrupted.

Reply to
dstockton