GEDIT3 Error & Autocad 2002 SP1 Installation error 114

Some days ago a computer in our studio (with AC 2002) starting failing with
standard cad files exiting through a GEDIT3 error.
Only proposal was the file recover method.
Windows and AC had been running smoothly for over a year without any error.
After several attempts to resolve the question I tried disinstalling AC
completely
(with a registry purge also)
I reinstalled OK without errr..
Notwithstanding this the program continues to fail due to GEDIT.
There has been NO added HW or SW.
Nothing particular in the events.
The computer apart from everything else which runs OK, cannot use Cad files
due the continual failing of the program.
I tried installing the SP1 so as to be able to install the Patch for Gedit.
Fails also here, Error 114 as if the regular licensed and installed AC 2002
was not
recognised by the Autodesk SP1.
Any ideas ?
Thanks.
Reply to
navprojects
Windows updates? Antivirus updates?
navprojects wrote:
Reply to
JG
Of course ... and I considered this but I need suggestions on what to look for here regarding only Acad. Thanks
"JG" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@fdn.com...
Reply to
navprojects
What antivirus are you running? Is it too late to run a system restore to the day before the problem first appeared?
navprojects wrote:
Reply to
JG
When you uninstalled, did you remove the program files\common files\autodesk shared directory, the documents and settings\\application data\autodesk directory and the autocad directory before reinstalling? Also see
Windows updates? Antivirus updates?
Reply to
JG
Hello,
Thanks for the participation. Panda 2006 and since the update in January everything was fine until around March
As regards the files and folders I believe I had removed exch of the mentioned.folders : 1. program files\autocad directory 2. program files\common files\autodesk shared directory, 3.documents and settings\\application data\autodesk directory before reinstalling. I did a full remove using autocad and then controlled. I could always redo it.
Thanks
"JG" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@fdn.com...
Reply to
navprojects
Check your documents and settings\all user\application data\autodesk directory too
navprojects wrote:
Reply to
JG
Try this. Uninstall any third party CAD add on programs. Do a COMPLETE uninstall of all Autodesk software. To do this cut and paste this link into your browser to get document TS45252 from the Autodesk website.
Print all three pages of the document and follow the directions word for word. This document will have you editing the registry.
After the final reboot use Task Manager to shut down all running processes under your user name, if you are logged onto Windows XP as administrator that will be the user name in Task Manager/Processes.
Reinstall AutoCAD 2002, do not reboot, reinstall SP1, reboot, register your product, install any other patches from Autodesk.
If that does not fix the issue then there is a problem with the files or Windows or both. If the files are on a network drive on a server it is possible there is a problem with the physical drive on the server leading to the drawing files being corrupted.
Reply to
dstockton