How do I emboss text into a solid?

I did it years ago in college... Just cant remember how I did it :(
My idea is to try and extrude text and then subtract it from the solid,
but obviously thats not working.
Lil' help?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

~~~ Sorry, its on ACAD 2000i
Your best bet would be to use EXPRESSTOOLS' ExplodeText command, clean up the result (leaves a few unwanted lines here 'n there usually), create individual regions and extract.
Good luck Dr Fleau aka Pierre

Dr Fleau wrote:

Extract? Shouldn't that be Extrude?