How good is Revit compared to Auto - Cad ???

Dear All,
Hi, I am a newbie in Revit and how do you do ?
I have just spent some $$$ learning autocad 2007
I would like to consider spending some $$$ doing revit too.
I would like to ask some questions :-
1. will revit take over autocad 2007 as the main application of choice for drafters, architechs ? 2. is the majority of the market share of drafting software taken by Autocad ? 3. are there more autocad jobs or are there more revit software ? 4. are revit jobs more higher in pay then autocad ?
Regards
FunkyCat Spangky