I see No one must know the answer

HELLO!!!!.. is anyone from Autodesk here? Or do you Not know the answer. There Must be a way to find out the version! The statement below is in response to my question but it is WAY OFF!...

----------

Sorry mabey I wasn't clear... I am tring to install a Service Pack... I don't need to know a Version a Drawing was made from. I need to know which Version The Actual AutoCad 2002LT is. It will not let me enter the "ACADVER" command in the command line. It says unknown command. According to Autodesk this is the way to find what I need but it will NOT accept it.

Any Ideas? Thanks

. TIP FROM AUTODESK: FIND A FILE'S PARENT AUTOCAD VERSION > To determine the version of AutoCAD that created a particular DWG or DXF > file, > open the file as a text editor (save DXF files in ASCII text format first). > The first six bytes of a DWG file identify its version. In a DXF file, the > AutoCAD version number is specified in the header section. The DXF system > variable is $ACADVER. Here are the version identifiers for the various > releases. Note that more than one release uses the same identifier when the > drawing format remains fully compatible. > AC1018: AutoCAD 2004 > AC1015: AutoCAD 2002, 2000i, 2000 > AC1014: AutoCAD Release 14 (Release 14 sample drawings use AC1013) > AC1012: AutoCAD Release 13 > AC1009: AutoCAD Releases 12, 11 > AC1006: AutoCAD Release 10 > AC1004: AutoCAD Release 9 > AC1002: AutoCAD Release 2.6 > AC1.50: AutoCAD Release 2.05 > > > > > > > > > I type acadver on command line and it comes back with; > > > > Unknown command ""ACADVER"". Press F1 for help. > > > > So whats up? I have ACAD 2002LT and it will not let me use this command. > > How do I know which SP to install? > > > > Thanks > > > > > >
Reply to
JustMe

Did you try searching the help file? You also should post this question to the Autodesk newsgroup.

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

The command to use is 'vercheck.' With autocad open, load the application 'vercheck.arx.' After it's loaded, enter VERCHECK on the command line and get a number of interesting bits of info.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Ummm ... how would he go about loading an ARX file in LT ? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Don't know for sure about AcadLT, but in Acad2005, you can find all that stuff by choosing Help > About.

LT

Reply to
Larry Travis

OOPS!! Sorry 'bout that. I didn't read it all.

-- Bill

Paul Turvill wrote:

Reply to
Bill