Layer control script - Help

I need help on writing a script that will help me do layer control on key
drawings. I do not know how to write a script in AutoCAD. Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.
Reply to
HP Garcia
Any TXT file will work, rename to SCR. Then type commands into the text file with notepad or similar. Type it axactly as you type the commands at the command prompt in AutoCAD.
Conny
"HP Garcia" skrev i meddelandet news:3fe289a8$1 snipped-for-privacy@corp.newsgroups.com... > I need help on writing a script that will help me do layer control on key > drawings. I do not know how to write a script in AutoCAD. Any suggestions > will be greatly appreciated. > > > > >
Reply to
Conny Klasson
To expand a bit on what Conny wrote, since you mentioned layer control, here's a quick example:
LAYER MAKE MyNewLayer COLOR 12
Note that two carriage returns are required after the 12 to completely exit the layer command. As a side note, you may want to look into lisp as well. The same thing can be by the following using lisp, like this:
(command "LAYER" "MAKE" "MyNewLayer" "COLOR" 12 "")
C> Any TXT file will work, rename to SCR.
Reply to
TomD