Layer control script - Help

I need help on writing a script that will help me do layer control on key drawings. I do not know how to write a script in AutoCAD. Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.
Any TXT file will work, rename to SCR. Then type commands into the text file with notepad or similar. Type it axactly as you type the commands at the command prompt in AutoCAD.
Conny

To expand a bit on what Conny wrote, since you mentioned layer control, here's a quick example:
LAYER MAKE MyNewLayer COLOR 12
Note that two carriage returns are required after the 12 to completely exit the layer command. As a side note, you may want to look into lisp as well. The same thing can be by the following using lisp, like this:
(command "LAYER" "MAKE" "MyNewLayer" "COLOR" 12 "")