Poll---how many people are still using R14? and R2000 ?

I know it's as futile as asking the Army to reveal nuclear secrets--but does anybody have any idea what percentage of Acad users are still using R14? and what percentage are R2k?

More than half of the files I receive are in R14 format (small land survey office, working with about 40 architect/civil consultants.) Am I the only one? Does anybody else get the impression that R14 is still in use by LOTS of people?

without revealing business secrets--how about an informal poll? Tell us how many clients you have, and what percentage of them use R14 and R2k?

Reply to
Barry Shev

R2000i most use same, a few use 2004, one uses Solidworks & one uses Pro -E

Reply to
Longshot

About half the people I know who use AutoCAD still use r14. The rest are using everything since, except a2k.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

2000i still seems fairly common, plus ACAD LT in various forms. Several like me now use IntelliCAD. I occasionally get files in more recent formats, which I don't accept so they have to resubmit by saving to an earlier version. Non-standard fonts, ACAD Map extensions, etc - these seem to cause more problems.
Reply to
troppo19

We had 2 2ki versions and 2 2k versions. We updated the two older ones, to keep current. After I install it and take it for a ride, I'll decide whether to update the other two.

Reply to
TomD

Just Upgraded from 2000 to 2004, missed 2002 we hung onto R14 because our hardware would not run 2002 although we had it in the cupboard.

Now Hardware and Software match.

Alan (Cadalot)

Reply to
Cadalot

Hey, I still like 14, I think it was (is) a great release. But am also working with various flavors of 2K products. We have 2000i at the office and I have 2000LT and 2004LT on my home computer. I would have been happy if the just 'fixed' m-text in 14 and left it alone! (Of course the shareholders have a slightly different view on that)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Spillane

Actually, a firm I deal with in Washington State prefers r14, which I have and still use upon occasion. I personally like 2k best. I currently, of course, have and run also, '04, but I'm not that Impressed. I bet there are more out there than are willing to admit.

Reply to
K. Barfield

I still run 2k and have no desire whatsoever to change it.

I may buy a "Light" version of a later release for translating drawings, but that's the extent of it. Autodesk is a good company, and AutoCAD is some great software, but I just can't find any reason to buy newer versions.

-Donald in Austin

Reply to
Unit335