Re: Drawing File Bloat...

On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:21:18 -0400, "Alliance Industrial Corporation"

I can't help you with your problem, but you should realize that many news servers strip attachments from postings to groups that are not "binary". Other servers will reject the message entirely. So a lot of people who might help you cannot.
Other people read newsgroups by email, and if those people are unfortunate enough to download messages as they arrive, then you've inconvenienced people who might not be able to help you.
You probably should repost this message, but leave out the attachment. Instead, make it available on a web site somewhere and include a link to that location in your posting.
There's another group, comp.cad.autocad, that might also be helpful.
--
Steve M - snipped-for-privacy@houston.rrdirt.com (remove dirt for reply)

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed
Alliance Industrial Corporation wrote:

I ran the file through CDGPurge and the file size was reduced to 78 KB.
I think the size is due to all the named layer filters, or possibly the proxy objects. http://caddevelopmentgroup.com/Downloads.htm
For minimal dxf file, try exporting with dxfout to a R12 dxf file. I got a 97 KB dxf file.
--
Al

I will download and try this CDGPurge utility.
Thank you, Rodney