Removing educational stamp

We somehow became infected with this educational stamp which doesn't fit very well with our company logo. Here is a fix that seems to have worked.
Open infected drawing and save as a dxf file 2000, then save Open a clean drawing and dfxin the new dxf file and save with same name. Open new drawing and save.
Seems like this worked for us.
Only works when dxf to 2000 works. Current architectural desktop won't save back to 2000.