Corrupted Files

Architectural Desktoop 2004
I file all my work under individual folders per client's name. Each job is named in these folders.
Recently, 2 of the client folders have become corrupted. Every time I attempt to open a file from ADT via File>Open and navigate to these folders I get the following message and Autocad shuts down:
"Runtime error! Program:...ogram File\Autodesk Architectural Desk 2004\acad.exe abnormal program termination"
The files can be opened via Start>Explore with no problem. None of the other 46 client files cause this error.
Thinking the main folders might be the problem, I created new folders and copied all the drawings into them. Should I have been surprised? It didn't work.
Suggestions will be appreciated.
is it ok to suggest you open the drawings and change there name a slight bit and save to see if this works or copy onto a new drawing and then delete the not working file and save again Scott

folders
other
Any suggestion is worth a try. Changing the name of each file would take a while but if it works, great.
Copying each drawing into a new one won't do because of the extensive use of layouts and x-refs - I think - or am I wrong here?
Maybe e-transmit (formerly pack-n-go) is a solution. Oh my goodness, I just suggested a lot of work for myself!

is
and
didn't