shape files

Hi all,

I am receiving a number of drawings from consultants and every time I open them they are searching for shape files.

Question. Does anyone know how to remove the shape files from the drawings? Purging doesn't remove them.

Thanks in advance Phil

Reply to
Philip Russell

You can't purge them if they are in use by a block, linetype, etc., unless you try something like Superpurge. If you can identify, and remove all reference to them in the file, then PURGE will do it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

HiHo; The shapes are probably some object that one may want to show. Ask your client for the shape files. Alternately the client could convert the shapes to blocks prior to sending the drawing to you. I have seen "Shape2Block" programs on the web.

Reply to
bestafor