Text edit problem

Acad 2007. Double click on text for editing kicks me out of acad. Not every time,but enough to be hesitant about doing it. Just started. Any ideas?
Rudy

single click to select the text and enter the command from the keyboard?
Bob

I have Acad 2004 and have used Acad 2007. No difference. 1. Click on word you want to edit. 2. Click on icon for Edit Text - A w/pencil. 3. Edit. Hope this helps. S.S.