Underline problem in Mtext

Hi all
I have recently started haivng problems with underlining portions of an mtext paragraph. used to work just fine, but now if I try to underline one
word, the whole paragraph gets underlined. Its either all or none. I have not installed any ner versions of either cad or windows. I use Win98SE and autocad 14.
Other CAD operators I work with do not have the same problem and they all use the same software versions as me.
Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew
knowledge to say:

http://support.autodesk.com/GetDoc.asp?ID=TS47474