WAAAAYYY OT -- graphics program

Sorry for the intrusion, but I'm getting kinda desparate. I'm in severe need of a good, general-purpose graphics program for Win XP. I'm
thinking of something along the lines of Visio, though perhaps a little more capable. I use Visio at work, but am not willing to pay its price at home. I used to use Corel Draw and found it to be just great, but it's gotten pretty bloated in recent releases.
I bought a copy of Adobe Illustrator, Thought that would meet my needs and then some, but it seems to be almost 100% geared to art, not science.
Thanks for any advice ...
Jack
You'll want to know all you can about what Microsoft is doing with the Expression [1] products. Expression Graphic Designer is where you want to get started. These three products stand alone yet form an entirely new class of applications as I hope you'll be able to understand the more time you put into learning about them.
There's a newsgroup for each product notably

Thanks!!
Jack