z-values

Hi,

Does anyone know how to "flatten" a drawing? i need to remove the z values from a surveyors drawing before adding to the drawing to ensure i don't land up doing strange things at funny hights.

Thanks. telarc.

Reply to
John

Command:CHANGE, (select), "P"(properties), "E"(Elevation), 0(zero)

Reply to
RonB

Toolbar/menu macro: ^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

Enjoy, Stef

Reply to
S. Yoder

HiHo; Look for "FLATTEN.LSP" on the web. It does the job very well and it's free.

Reply to
bestafor

AFAIK there isn't a free routine floating around that will do this perfectly yet. (Why I don't know. Where's Paul when you need him ; D)

The move trick posted by Yoder is quick but doesn't remove thickness front entities or remove entities with Z that are nested in blocks, so you can still get an errant snap. It might end up being a multi-step processor you.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I use the following on a custom button, but all I have tried it on is 3D plines in geological and environmental maps. ^C^C_modemacro;"";_select \_move _p;;0,0,1e99;;_move _p;;0,0,-1e99;; I haven't checked the group for awhile, so this may be the one Yoder posted.

HTH,

Reply to
R. G. Thompson

Wow. Where have you been, Ray? This thread is getting OLD. BTW, your move trick was Yoder's suggestion, and my warning about it's limitations stand, except for the substitution of the word "front" for "from".

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich