Latest threads in AutoCAD discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Lisp Question regarding obtaining parts of a String
If you have a string of text in a Variable STRNG = MyTestString and (substr STRNG 7) returns 'String' .... how can I get 'MyTest' from STRNG. I'll proably smack myself if I get an answer. But I can't...
26
26

Re: renaming layers
Here is a LISP routine I wrote several years ago. It allows you to change the START string of all layers. If you want to "trim" the layers, you enter your start string, with NO replacement string....
5
5

Oce 9400 and scanner question
Can anyone tell me if the scanner which comes with an Oce 9400 can be used as a stand alone scanner or will this only work if connected to a 9400? Thanks

UCS rotation problem
Im having a problem when using a UCS. Text has been inserted into the drawing when in WCS. Now I change to a new UCS, and want to orient the text at 90 degrees to this UCS. I expected to be able to...
2
2

Autolisp designed for surveyors, civil engineers and land designers for sale.
Autolisp are : - Geo Point insertion, format PENZ koma, space delimited, - Renumber Geo-points, - Elevations offset - Parcel cutting, - Area by pick, - Geo measurements, with line, by pick on line,...
1
1

default location of filter .nfl files - AutoCAD 2005
Is there a specific location in the file search path for .nfl (filter) files? Currently I have a new (empty) .nfl file appearing in the directory I'm currently working in. I want to set up a 'master'...

variable ?
somehow, I get my mtext that is attached to the leader with a defined wrap width... I have to go into the property box on each one & select no wrap. how do I get no wrap back to the default option?...
3
3

Disappearing Architectural Ticks!
Using dimensions, when I select architectural ticks in the arrowhead options, the ticks disappear. Closed, Dot, Box all work but not architectural ticks. Arrow size has no effect. Can anybody help?...
2
2

Help. Lost two commands.
Recently I have lost two commands and I can't find the file to correct it. Match Properties and Dimension Style. "_matchprop" and "_ddim" are the two internal commands but I can't find the files to...
2
2

Zoom Animation
In Autocad 2006, when you use the zoom window command; rather than instantly refreshing to specified region, (as in previous versions), we now get an animated zoom and then a final position. Q: Does...
3
3

irregularity in xref
I've been doing some asbuilts for a construction job. I noticed that one of the xrefs (map) eminates this beam of white from it's insert point and changes when redraws are performed. I've had this...
1
1

2006 Migration
Hello there fellow CAD users. We're finally getting our act together and migrating from 2000 to 2006. The guys I work with are worried as heck about the migration, basically calling out every type of...
2
2

Attribute Extraction...
Does anybody know, using Tools/Attribute Extraction, how to extract block's attributes so the X,Y,Z coordinates are in UCS, not in WCS? Everything is like I need except the coordinates. It is rather...
2
2

xref irregularity
I had this happen a few years ago but forgot why and the fix. I'm doing some as-built drawings. There is an xref'd map. When it loads a large part of the screen is covered with a white shape...
5
5