anvil on ebay

Folks:

My kid is interested in blacksmithing and was trying to purchase an anvil on ebay. He just received a message from ebay that strongly erged him to terminate the auction at once. I didn't read the message so I'm not really sure why. Should he just keep watching ebay or are there other sources you all can suggest for an anvil at reasonble prices.

Thanks in advance, David Englehart

Reply to
David Englehart

This sounds strange to me. Why would ebay tell him to stop bidding?

I find eBay to be a great place to sell things; I think you will have to be lucky to get a good deal on an anvil there.

Watch the local papers, read the classifieds every day. I found my large anvil by putting a "wanted" ad in the paper.

There are some import anvils that are (so I'm told) pretty good quality, if new is an option.

Steve Smith

David Englehart wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith