anvil on ebay

Folks:
My kid is interested in blacksmithing and was trying to purchase an anvil on ebay. He just received a message from ebay that strongly erged him to
terminate the auction at once. I didn't read the message so I'm not really sure why. Should he just keep watching ebay or are there other sources you all can suggest for an anvil at reasonble prices.
Thanks in advance, David Englehart
This sounds strange to me. Why would ebay tell him to stop bidding?
I find eBay to be a great place to sell things; I think you will have to be lucky to get a good deal on an anvil there.
Watch the local papers, read the classifieds every day. I found my large anvil by putting a "wanted" ad in the paper.
There are some import anvils that are (so I'm told) pretty good quality, if new is an option.
Steve Smith
David Englehart wrote:

David I would check with e-bay that they actually sent that message, I have received similar messages sent by people trying to get something cheaper by cutting out the competition . on the other hand anvils can be found all over with out the high cost of shipping I suggest an ad in your local news paper I placed one and within a week had leads on 3 anvils (bought all three) also let everybody you know that you are looking for one sometimes they just show up people get tired of moving "uncle joes" anvil out of the way to get to the furnace and there you go.. good luck on your search
David Englehart wrote:

Check with Harbour Freight. They carry the Russian made cast steel anvils for $79.00. They're 110 lbs. and a little rough, but they clean up with an angle grinder. They are pretty decent beginners anvil for the money. You can always upgrade when finances and/or opportunity are present. Good Luck. Rob

anvil on

really
you