Free knife metallurgy e-book :)

Bill H sent me the url for a free knife metallurgy e-book, maybe I'm the last to know about it but here it is anyway. ;)

My son has a laser-printer and I'm planning to get him to print it out for me.

I already used some of it in metallurgy class today, the periodic table on page 57. :) (adobe thinks it's page 61 because of the 4 roman numbered pages)

Let us know what you think of it. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Thanks for the link!

Reply to
RAM^3

I looked over the first 40 or so pages - very well done and tech information. This is for knife - but all metal working will use it.

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

snipped-for-privacy@XX.com wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Thanks for the link. This is good information for anyone. I am not a knife maker, just a backyard blacksmith and it is also basic info for tool making. Doug

Reply to
doug roberts

Hey guys. If you track his link back one step (i.e.

)you'll find another couple of PDFs with steel and knife related content including a series of experiments on knife sharpening
)and an article on damascus steel (
).

Jas> Bill H sent me the url for a free knife metallurgy e-book, maybe

Reply to
J Ediger

Cool, thanks. :)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj

Be sure to back up a level and list his directory:

An excellent paper is there on the science of knife sharpening.

John

Reply to
Neon John

Thanks, Alvin and John! Great stuff!

Reply to
thombrogan

wrote

Thank you for the source. It looks to be very informative.

Rodney

Reply to
Drakon1

That one and another was emailed to me by Bill H., he's like some sort of wizard when it comes to getting all the horse power from them there search engine things. No kidding, he's proven it time and time again. :)

Here's another one for us from the same email...

Thanks goes to Bill H. for both, ok? :)

Alvin in AZ ps- It'd be cool to get the typo's corrected in Verhoeven's e-book, then go to a copy shop and have them print the sucker out, even a stack of them for a 'smithing club's library? :)

Reply to
alvinj

I think I could edit the pdf if I had a marked up copy or a list of changes. Or you could drop dr verhoeven a line and ask for the source, or send him the list of errata and maybe he would do it.

Probably ought to ask him before printing a bunch of copies. Or does it say something in the document?

Reply to
Del Cecchi

He doesn't exactly say:

"My professional career has been supported by publicly funded institutions. Therefore, I grant any user copyright permission to download and print a copy of this book for personal use or any teacher to do the same for their students. I do not grant rights to the text for commercial uses. The copyrights to all figures with citations belong to the original publishers. Copyright permissions were obtained for inclusion of these figures."

but it sounds worth asking about.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Smith

Dang, I have a lot of reading to do! Thanks!

Reply to
Carl.

One of the files wont open on my copy of Acrobat.

steelresearchsize2.pdf located at

What gives?

EP "Neon John" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to